PT push-in connection terminal blocks have been developed for direct conductor connection. This means that solid conductors or conductors with ferrules can be inserted directly into the terminal block without tools. Have a look at how this is achieved here
The special spring profile enables the easy insertion of conductors with ferrules from 0.25 mm2. The contact spring is opened automatically when the conductor is pushed in and thereby provides the required pressure force against the current bar. Both for releasing conductors and connecting small cross sections from 0.14 mm2, the spring is opened by means of the actuation lever – easily and without direct contact with live parts. The actuation lever can be operated with all standard screwdrivers. The PT connection terminal blocks are subjected to tests which go beyond the basic modular terminal block standard, enabling them to be used in all sectors of industry, such as energy supply, transportation technology, process engineering, in particular the chemical and petrochemical industry or shipbuilding.
Now you can connect conductors from 0.34 mm² easily – both directly and without tools. The special contact spring allows easy insertion and guarantees a high level of contact quality.
- Connection of pretreated and solid conductors with push-in technology
- The conductor can be easily released – without special tools
- Low logistics costs thanks to uniform accessories
- Comprehensive range of accessories: standardized for bridging, testing, and marking
Direct conductor connection
Numerous applications require modular terminal blocks with a direct conductor connection. Phoenix Contact has developed a terminal block with push-in technology specifically for these requirements. Convenient connection: insert solid conductors or conductors with ferrules from 0.34 mm² into the conductor shaft. The contact spring opens automatically and provides the required pressure force against the current bar. Benefit from further advantages of push-in technology:
- Vibration resistance according to railway standard DIN EN 50155
- Shock and corrosion resistance according to current shipbuilding registers
- Certified for process engineering in the field of increased safety (Ex e)
Release contacts without special tools. No need for special tools: with the integrated actuation lever you can release the connected conductors quickly and easily. Simply press the orange actuation lever and the contact is opened.
High-grade metal and plastic parts
Reliable connections – that’s our aim. The quality of our products is the key. This starts with the selection of materials.
Metal parts made of corrosion-free, high-grade copper alloys:
Insulating housing made of elastic plastic with a high impact strength:
- Good electrical conductivity
- Low temperature rise
- Surface protected by a lead-free, galvanic nickel or tin plating
- Leg springs made of high-strength chromium-nickel spring steel
- Recyclable, halogen-free, and UV resistant
- Good tropical and termite resistance
- Operating temperatures of up to 130°C
- High chemical resistance
- Excellent aging characteristics
- Certification in accordance with UL 94 for inflammability class V0
For additional information on Push-in technology please contact us
. A brochure can be downloaded below.